Sunday, February 6, 2011

Lunar New Year

Also known as Chinese New Year

Okay I know I know, I'm starting to run out of lament excuses for not blogging. Sincere apologies, I've probably just been too busy eating and not bothering blogging about it afterward...

Kidding! We've been attacked by a heat wave (yes, it's so dramatic, I'd rather be attack by aliens), the heat was extremely unbearable that I just cannot sit in front of my computer and type away...

ALSO, as most of you Asians, or have Asians affiliations or living in a multicultural country such as Australia amongst thousands of Asians, you are probably aware that this weekend was Lunar New Year, or more popularly known as "Chinese" New Year as China is the mother country of most Asian countries and some Asian countries are prehistorically of Chinese ancestral background!
Whatever, point is, not only Chinese celebrates this special new year, any country going by the Lunar calendar celebrates this tradition, such as Vietnamese culture.

When I (and probably 99% of young kids) used to look forward to LNY, it was all about the red pockets we'd receive from our parents, uncles and aunties, family friends etc
Of course, it wouldn't be an Asian fiesta without FOOD!!!

In Vietnamese culture, we'd eat a massive feast from NYE and this would continue until sometimes about the 10th day into the new year. Typically, NYE would be dinner with family on one side, say, your Mother's side. Then on the 1st (NY day) we would go to the other side of the family, say your father's side etc
There are special dishes that we'd only get on NY, so it's very special and worth the wait!

I had so much food this weekend that I can't even begin to share all the food on this blog, so enjoy a few snapshots taken below because as they say, a picture is worth a thousand words, no need spam this page with the 1000000+ dishes I had during this wonderful festive season!







Happy New year :)

x -C

No comments:

Post a Comment